Enhanced MetaTag Specification
07 Jul 2022 by Brandt Redd
Today I have updated the MetaTag Specification. The new spec, version 1.1, is backward compatible with version 1.0. It has the following enhancements:
- MetaTags (without prefixes) are explicitly from the Schema.org schema.
- A regular expression is given that can be used to find metatags embedded in text.
- A namespace prefix may be used to specify another schema.
- It explicitly states that repeated MetaTags should be interpreted as a list of values for the same property - but only when the property definition accepts a list.
- Design goals are given along with discussion about why I made certain design decisions.
- An experimental design for hierarchical data models is included.